May 24, 2018
Dear Life In The Springs Partners,
You are impacting people! You are making a difference! See how thanks to you, our supporters, Katie (a recent client) received ministry when she needed it most!
- Brian has joined L.I.F.E. In the Springs ministry full time April 26th. The transition is going well, praise the Lord. We work well together with our specific gifts and talents. He is a great help and assists in many aspects of the ministry.
- Colorado House Bill 17-1156Concerning a prohibition of ‘conversion’ therapy by a licensed mental health care provider has failed again for the 4th year in a row, praise God!
In March Susan had the opportunity to proclaim freedom and stand against this Bill. She shared her testimony of freedom from homosexuality and gender confusion at the Colorado State Capital.
- In April we had a garage sale fundraiser and raised $2,800. Thank you partners and friends for your help, prayers and the many items donated.
- In May Susan participated on a panel with two other youth pastors at The Gathering conference at New Life Church. The panel structure was a community conversation session with Q & A. She presented teaching, her testimony and understanding about Gender Identity/Confusion. Susan’s greatest passion and calling is to bring God’s Truth, understanding and hope through Jesus Christ! There is freedom from bondage to sin, the underlying issues and evil desires. Intimacy with God is the answer by removing blockages to the truth and His love.
Our Ministry Programs: Weekly Support Group, Christian Community Education Seminars, Speaking Engagements and Testimony and One-to-One Biblical Ministry and Discipleship.
Here is a brief overview of:
One-to-One Biblical Lay Ministry and Discipleship Program
This program provides long-term lay ministry and discipleship to equip and enable people in discovering and uprooting the unresolved issues driving them to live in bondage to life-controlling issues, addictions and sin. We provide biblically-based teaching and ministry in prayer and deliverance. We offer guidance on how to process suppressed emotions, recognize and resist lies, ungodly reactions to pain (destructive patterns), and how to apply biblical truth. Participants learn how to identify and practice godly responses to lies, emotional pain and destructive patterns of behavior. They also learn how to choose to live a godly, Spirit-controlled life; no longer bound to addictions or driven by the flesh.
Testimony from Katie
“You can only OVERCOME an area in your life by WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE. The blood (the blood of JESUS) did it, we just have to receive it and that comes with revelation knowledge. This is exactly what I have been receiving from Life In The Springs Ministry. I remember the first meeting I had with Susan, I was beyond disbelief that I fell in homosexuality after being freed for years knowing that I was DELIVERED and set free. I was running my race and very much surrounded by love and support, but I did not deal with the sexual abuse. I just set it to the side and thought it was finished and it caused me to fall, but I immediately jumped up and my pastors set up an appointment for me with Susan. Susan has taught me to journal and always end in TRUTH with what GOD says!!! Also, it’s so important to put all of this down on paper in order to get a battle plan which I’m working on now. I know I’m DELIVERED and set free, but I also know that Susan’s life reflects on a life set free. I’m honored to be in the family at LIFE IN THE SPRINGS which is how you will feel the very first time you walk in. Susan and her husband Brian also have an amazing group that meets on Friday nights and it’s something I highly suggest. I just want to thank this couple for doing what God has called them to do and being a part of my life. This ministry is life changing!”
|We like the following translation wording as we assist our clients who are dealing with deep-rooted, long experienced emotional pain.
“For godly grief and the pain God is permitted to direct, produce a repentance that leads and contributes to salvation and deliverance from evil, and it never brings regret; but worldly grief (the hopeless sorrow that is characteristic of the pagan world) is deadly [breeding and ending in death].” 2 Corinthians 7:10 Amplified Bible classic edition (emphasize ours)
“So, since Christ suffered in the flesh for us, for you, arm yourselves with the same thought and purpose [patiently to suffer rather than fail to please God]. For whoever has suffered in the flesh [having the mind of Christ] is done with [intentional] sin [has stopped pleasing himself and the world, and pleases God].” 1 Peter 4:1 Amplified Bible classic edition (emphasize ours)
- Susan is currently working with 10 people in our One-to-One Biblical Lay Ministry and Discipleship Program. Some of these one-to-one participants are receiving ministry long distance over the phone, while others are local to Colorado Springs receiving ministry in person.
- We continue to conduct our Friday night support group.
- We are developing a community outreach program to provide Susan with a vehicle befitting her speaking/teaching gifts.
- Susan continues to volunteer with Restoration Ministries as she has for the last several years, as part of a peer ministry network.
We need your help to make all this happen. We would love to meet potential partners in the Colorado Springs area. If you know of someone who has a heart to help those trapped in addiction by supporting programs like ours, I encourage you to set up a time where we can meet them and present our vision, mission and programs. We rely on our support network to help us by spreading the word.
Tax Deductible Donation Information
- Check/mail: Make your check out to our fiscal agent: New Horizons Foundation (w/ L.I.F.E. In The Springs written in the memo) and mail to 5550 Tech Center Drive, Suite 303 Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
- Bank transfer or Credit/Debit: visit newhorizonsfoundation.com/donate OR
Our website www.lifeinthesprings.org
Colorado Springs had a serious hailstorm Friday May18th which damaged our cars and home, shredded our trees and destroyed the flowers we planted on Mother’s Day. Our insurance deductibles impacted our budget by an unexpected $1500 this month. If you are led, any financial help is greatly appreciated.
We are grateful and thank you all for holding us up in prayer, for us personally, our marriage, the ministry and those to whom we minister. Your support is making a difference in their lives and has a ripple effect in the lives of those around them. You are not just helping a few, but many. May the Lord bless you for partnering with us!
“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work” 2 Corinthians 9:8 NKJV
We are blessed!
All glory to our loving, gracious and faithful Savior,
Susan and Brian
N O T H I N G I S T O O D I F I C U L T F O R G O D !